Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 4 September 2016 - Breakfast

4 September 2016 - Breakfast 1 year 2 months ago #1348

• John Hetz
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Ralph L. Meyer wrote:
Another possible board mistake--not quite as bad in terms of member harm and disgruntlement as the chinchy prizes for the hunt for historical markers based on the false premise that only a few people participated--definitely a sure way to kill the activity if that's what the board was after (the opinion of several members)... ....While the South B-Ride has been moribund for years and years, and the East for but a couple of years, the West has not, and, had anyone noticed, there have been several times the West Breakfast Ride was attended by several members [4-8] in the very recent past. However, when the Bob Evans on Rte 60 closed for repairs/refurbishment, nothing seems to have been done about choosing another place (like the former West B-Ride location, the Eat 'n Park just across from the Bob Evans). So now, no hunt-fors, and all but 1 B-Ride closed down??? ......How many more regular activities can we cause to disappear and still have a club? Makes a feller wonder, so it does.... :oops:

Ralph,
We are not shutting any breakfast down. We can still have a West, East, or South Breakfast anytime members or even none members want to. We just want to get away from posting breakfast rides that nobody shows up for. In my opinion it would be very discouraging to be the only one to show up for a breakfast. We joined this club for the comradery of other fellow BMW motorcycle enthusiast, hoping to make some new friends. We would like to be open to new people and not send them on some wild goose chase trying to meet up with some club members. If anybody wants to meet anywhere for a breakfast or ride just post something on the forum and I can add it to our calendar.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

4 September 2016 - Breakfast 1 year 2 months ago #1349

• Frank Beatrous
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
John Hetz wrote:
We are not shutting any breakfast down....
When a regularly scheduled event is removed from the calendar, I'd call that shutting it down.

I'm with Ralph on this one. Shutting down the west ride is a mistake.

Frank

4 September 2016 - Breakfast 1 year 2 months ago #1350

• John Hetz
  • Administrator
So glad to see so many people stepping up to head the East, West and South breakfast. We are so glad to instruct you to post your intentions on our forum and then it will be posted as a scheduled event . Thank you so much for you participation and noticing that our club needs you. Please again just post your intentions on the forum and it will become YOUR breakfast. We cannot have people showing up for breakfast rides by themselves. Does anybody really think this is acceptable?
John & Mary Hetz

4 September 2016 - Breakfast 1 year 2 months ago #1351

• Frank Beatrous
  • Junior Boarder
John Hetz wrote:
So glad to see so many people stepping up to head the East, West and South breakfast. We are so glad to instruct you to post your intentions on our forum and then it will be posted as a scheduled event . Thank you so much for you participation and noticing that our club needs you. Please again just post your intentions on the forum and it will become YOUR breakfast. We cannot have people showing up for breakfast rides by themselves. Does anybody really think this is acceptable?
John & Mary Hetz
John and Mary:

The answer to your last question is "yes". Some of us have enjoyed the occasional non-north breakfast rides for as long as I can remember. Yes, I have once or twice been the only attendee, but I survived with no emotional scars.

Frank

4 September 2016 - Breakfast 1 year 2 months ago #1352

• John Hetz
  • Administrator
Frank Beatrous wrote:
John Hetz wrote:
John & Mary Hetz
John and Mary:

The answer to your last question is "yes". Some of us have enjoyed the occasional non-north breakfast rides for as long as I can remember. Yes, I have once or twice been the only attendee, but I survived with no emotional scars.

Frank

Frank,
Not everybody enjoys breakfast by themselves. There is plenty of good breakfasts restaurants all over. Why would anybody ride 20 to 50 miles for breakfast unless they were planning on meeting and riding with friends or family. If you post something on the forum, chances are you will not be by yourself.
John & Mary Hetz

4 September 2016 - Breakfast 1 year 2 months ago #1353

• Frank Beatrous
  • Junior Boarder
John Hetz wrote:
Frank Beatrous wrote:
John Hetz wrote:
John & Mary Hetz
John and Mary:

Frank

Frank,
Not everybody enjoys breakfast by themselves. There is plenty of good breakfasts restaurants all over. Why would anybody ride 20 to 50 miles for breakfast unless they were planning on meeting and riding with friends or family. If you post something on the forum, chances are you will not be by yourself.
John & Mary Hetz
John:

You seem to miss the point. Of course I can organize a ride that I will then own. I can chose a destination, plan a route and lead a group. I've done that on occasion. Not at all the same as getting together with a few friends for a meal and conversation at a regularly scheduled time. Anyone who doesn't want to risk eating alone can check in here to see if anyone else is planning on showing up.

May I ask how the decision to dump three of the four breakfast rides was made? You said there was a consensus. Was there a vote? Of the board? Of the general membership?

Frank
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds