Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 4 September 2016 - Breakfast

4 September 2016 - Breakfast 1 year 3 months ago #1361

• Ralph L. Meyer
  • Gold Boarder
  • Love my GPS, but carry maps too! ATGATT
  • Thank you received: 12
Bob Hall already mentioned the Eat 'n Park across from the Bob Evans on Rte 60. We used to meet there quite a while back, with no problems. And Dick's on Rte 22 for the East Ride is still available. Only the South B-Ride was almost never attended. Why in the world mess with stuff that has worked in the past? For my money, I'd say change the West Breakfast Ride to the Eat 'n Park where we used to meet and stop messing with it. Dick's is still viable if anyone wants to do breakfast there in the East. It makes utterly NO sense just because people don't show up all the time to kill a place or activity--and that's precisely what will happen to the B-Rides in those places if they're not on the board that'll just guarantee nobody will ever show up. Just put on the notice of the regular B-Rides to please say if you're going if you intend to go. That should be all it takes. Leaving the activity off the announcement of regular activities UNLESS somebody mentions it is tantamount to getting rid of it... NOT the way to keep things going IMHO.
Riding 63 years and counting! ...Use a GPS--BUT... carry maps! 2 Laners rule unless ya gotta get somewhere fast, Then thank Gen'l/Prez Dwight D. Eisenhower for the Interstate system!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:4 September 2016 - Breakfast 1 year 3 months ago #1366

• V-MAN
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 XPLR
  • Thank you received: 14
Well I'm a little late to the party BUT as the saying goes "better late then never". I feel obliged to voice my opinion on the matter or specifically make my opinion clear as I stated earlier in this thread and others.

I think if any member of this forum wants to choose a place for breakfast, lunch, dinner, day ride or month long excursion AND they want or need to have company then the simple solution would be MAKE A POST. Maybe there would be other members interested in joining in, maybe not? I don't think removing three of the four scheduled breakfast meets from the forum is a good idea. Obviously the west breakfast needs to be updated ... plenty of other great places for breakfast within a stones throw away.

I have to agree 100% with Ralph and Frank and everything they said I will second their words. I personally own motorcycles for the freedom and for the ride. I don't care if I show up for a breakfast and nobody else is there ... I am comfortable eating by myself and riding by myself! I don't get upset because I was "forced" to ride and nobody else was there ... Don't we own our bikes to ride?

I could go on but don't want this turning into a book either. So invite others to ride or eat and if somebody shows up then it's a *bonus (maybe/maybe not). If nobody else can make it and your alone then enjoy the quiet time and enjoy the ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ralph L. Meyer

4 September 2016 - Breakfast 1 year 3 months ago #1387

• Ed syphan
  • Senior Boarder
I know this is a bit late to ask, but would anyone be interested in riding to the AMA Museum after breakfast?
It looks like the weather will be improved by then.

4 September 2016 - Breakfast 1 year 3 months ago #1388

• Ralph L. Meyer
  • Gold Boarder
My weather-watcher sez poss rain Sunday Afternoon. ...Portersville Fall Steam show's on too. ...Just a wee bit closer than Columbus, OH. ;)
Riding 63 years and counting! ...Use a GPS--BUT... carry maps! 2 Laners rule unless ya gotta get somewhere fast, Then thank Gen'l/Prez Dwight D. Eisenhower for the Interstate system!!!
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Ralph L. Meyer.

4 September 2016 - Breakfast 1 year 3 months ago #1390

• Ed syphan
  • Senior Boarder
Ok, Tin Butt

4 September 2016 - Breakfast 1 year 3 months ago #1392

• Ralph L. Meyer
  • Gold Boarder
Nah...It's Iron, but it likes t' stay dry... :whistle:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds