Find Us On FaceBook

Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sunday Dec. 2nd

Sunday Dec. 2nd 5 years 4 months ago #2010

• Ron
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Sunday Dec. 2nd is the monthly pancake breakfast. Morning rain is an issue. Temps will be decent. Only three showed up last month? Kings failed to provide service that Sunday. So three was better. I've given thought to another location. Jimmy's Strip District Grille is only one mile further then Kings! Walnut Grille is half the distance, 5 miles from I79. Kings and Jimmy's are 10/11 miles from I79. Food quality, quantity, nor cost figure in my decision. Mainly location.

Tuesday morning my spouse and I went to the Walnut Grille. Tuesday veterans eat free. I had the Creme Brulee French Toast. Three slices of texas bread with caramelized walnuts, creme brulee batter, powdered sugar, whipped cream, breakfast potatoes. My spouse had the Pancake Stack. Three pancakes, warm maple syrup, powdered sugar, turkey sausage and breakfast potatoes. Quality of food was excellent. Quantity was too much. The moral is to order from the sides menu. Several very large dining areas. We would be in a separate room. Northway church ends 11am. Unsure how much Sunday 10am traffic there is. The restaurant is of higher end compared to Kings. Location is one that would be a destination. Not off Rt. 8 or I79.

Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Ron.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sunday Dec. 2nd 5 years 4 months ago #2011

• Bob Mihalics
  • Expert Boarder
I’m going north on rt..8 to Jimis Sunnyside up Diner, at the Mistic Lanes. I have heard from several people it’s worth the stop.
If what you add doesn't make you better, your carrying dead weight.

Sunday Dec. 2nd 5 years 4 months ago #2012

• Ron
  • Expert Boarder
Bob Mihalics posted he going 4 miles north of Kings to Mystic Bowling Lanes diner. That would be 15 miles from I79. The old location of Kings. Unsure if going further north is right for the pancake breakfast? South hills riders liked the old Kings because of it's location off I79. Other riders need to post their opinion. This Sunday at Kings remains the offical location so I will be there.
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Ron.

Sunday Dec. 2nd 5 years 4 months ago #2013

• Ed syphan
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Just out of curiosity, has anyone eaten at that Jimmy's?
It sounded pretty good, as well as locally owned.
Typhoon

Sunday Dec. 2nd 5 years 4 months ago #2014

• Ron
  • Expert Boarder
Ed, which Jimmy's. Is it Jimmy's or Jimis? I did go to Jimmy's, Mars. A very large dining room. Service and food was great. My visit was an afternoon. Unsure about 10am Sunday morning? Walnut Grove is a better location with private areas. Ordering from the side menu is best.

Sunday Dec. 2nd 5 years 4 months ago #2016

• Tom Furey
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Lemme know where yinz are heading tomorrow? Personally, I never liked the service at the "New Kings."
Hi Viz Uber Alles
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds