Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Picture Of The Day Thread

Re:Picture Of The Day Thread 2 years 5 months ago #1543

• V-MAN
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 XPLR
  • Thank you received: 14
Out running errands ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Picture Of The Day Thread 2 years 5 months ago #1544

• Frank Beatrous
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I once hauled a small refrigerator on my KLR. Unfortunately, no picture.

Frank

Re:Picture Of The Day Thread 2 years 5 months ago #1545

• V-MAN
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 XPLR
  • Thank you received: 14
Frank Beatrous wrote:
I once hauled a small refrigerator on my KLR. Unfortunately, no picture.

Frank

Frank - You are a man after my own heart. The VW dealer (where the box came from) all insisted I was crazy to attempt to carry the box because size and weight on any motorcycle. I told them that if they can carry five people, two dogs, a goat and three chickens on a scooter in SE Asia then I should have no problems with one little box in FL!! :lol: I tried to take bets but none of the eight employees would put there wallet where their mouths were!!! It was fun to play with them ...

Please post some pics of the KLR on your travels (any bike really) ... I know you have to have GB's of photos Frank!!!!! Post'em up!!! Hope your getting out to ride, Kim says it been pretty warm and no salt on roads. Take care
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything

Re:Picture Of The Day Thread 2 years 5 months ago #1546

• Frank Beatrous
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Well, Don, it has been pretty mild here, but I still seem to pick the worst days to ride. The KLR has a pretty good coating of road salt. I'll try to find time to hose it off tomorrow.

Here's a snapshot of the KLR in the parking lot of a Harley dealer in Colorado Springs. The previous day I had a flat tire on I 70 in Kansas. Unfortunately, the rubber rim strip broke at the valve hole during the roadside repair, and I had to ride in to Colorado Springs with the spoke ends poking into the tube. The good folks at Pikes Peak Harley installed a new tube and rim strip for me, and I was back on my way. Since then, I wrap a couple of layers of gorilla tape around the rim wells and dispense with those flimsy rubber strips.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds