Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Bike???

New Bike??? 4 months 4 days ago #2163

• Holly Marcheck
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
What does everyone think of the controls on the new BMWs. Went and looked at both a lowered GS & GSA (1250s). I cannot reach either the turn signals or the high beam switch without taking my hand off the grip. It was a deal breaker today. BTW, the salesman in Tyrone, although a nice guy, doesn't currently ride, isn't familiar with BMWs, didn't offer me a test ride. I wasn't impressed with sales but was with the service/parts folks.

On a similar note, I was at Barnes Bros. Motorcycles in Canonsburg yesterday trying on for size new KLIM gear (now on order). These folks are awesome IMHO. All ride, very helpful.

I know my GS is old (2006) but I so appreciated the ride home on it. XXOO, "Tank".
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Bike??? 4 months 4 days ago #2168

• Bob Mihalics
  • Junior Boarder
Change is sometimes difficult. Any new vehicle, be it a car , truck, bike , even a lawnmower takes time to get accustomed to the controls positions
We all fight change , but it still moves on. It gets harder as we age .
On a positive note, the advancements in the safety, and performance far out weighs the tempory discomfort.
You must test ride the new bike to experience the 50% more power in the acceleration and braking over your older GS. It’s a blast !!!
Ride On
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds