Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ron Adams, "Mayor" of Redbank Park - Sat. Jan. 28

Ron Adams, "Mayor" of Redbank Park - Sat. Jan. 28 2 years 5 months ago #1552

• Diane Pears
  • Administrator
  • Rebel 250 to F650 to K75
  • Thank you received: 18
If you ever went near the corner trailer with big porch behind the Carousel Blg. near the white bathrooms at Redbank you may have been called "Susie" or got jagged every time you said "OK" by the unofficial "Mayor" who loved seeing his Four Winds friends. Our rally was one of the highlights of his year and was quite the entertainment spectacle for this seasonal resident couple who generously offered to help out anyone who needed anything. His wife figured out how to contact Weavers today to let us know.

Ronald J. Adams, 73, of New Bethlehem, died Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at Clarion Hospital.
Born April 10, 1943, in Oak Ridge, he was the son of the late Alvie Grant Adams and Maxine M. (Hill) Adams Holler. He was married on December 30, 1972 to Dianna L. (Rearick).
Ron worked at various factories over the years including Pullman standard, Crawford Furniture, Reed Milling, Red Bank Mills, and Glen-Gery. In his later years, he drove van for STA.
He was a member of the New Bethlehem Fire Department, New Bethlehem Fire Police, and CB Club.
Ron is survived by his wife of 44 years, Dianna L. Adams of New Bethlehem, several nieces and nephews, and many friends.
In addition to his parents, he was also preceded in death by a sister, Carol Orr, and two brothers, Clyde Adams and William “Bill” Adams.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 11:00 am at the Oak Ridge United Methodist Church with Pastors, Jodie Smith, Cindy Duffee, and Carol Brown co-officiating.
The Alcorn Funeral Home in Hawthorn is handling the arrangements.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.alcornfuneralhome.com
www.alcornfuneralhome.com/obituaries/ronald-j-adams/218/ (map & directions)
Attachments:
"If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride could do!"
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Diane Pears.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ron Adams, "Mayor" of Redbank Park - Sat. Jan. 28 2 years 5 months ago #1553

• Kevin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Mancation Rider #0001, 1998 K1200RS , 2000 R1100RT, 2015 GS ADV
  • Thank you received: 4
He was a great guy. Always happy to see us. Many a Project Campout sitting around his Burn Barrel.
Hope the club sends flowers - we should!
-Kev
Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seein some people out there having a good time on motorcycles, it makes me take another look. - Steve McQueen, 1970

Ron Adams, "Mayor" of Redbank Park - Sat. Jan. 28 2 years 5 months ago #1555

• Gsweave
  • Senior Boarder
  • Yep, that's a wrench, don't confuse it for a hammer
  • Thank you received: 2
Dianna called me yesterday with the sad news of Ron's passing...He passed quietly at his home last Wednesday.

They owned the trailer beside the main shower house at Redbank Park and never did a Four Winds Rally go by, when we didn't share time on his porch to discuss the events of New Bethlehem a more generous man is hard to find.

www.alcornfuneralhome.com/wp-content/upl...fgzxd2uhy7pwl4w0.jpg

Burial Date January 28, 2017

A memorial service will be held on Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. at the Oak Ridge United Methodist Church.

directions to Oak Ridge Methodist

www.umc.org/find-a-church/church/23812

I will be heading up Saturday morning...Round 8:00am grabbing breakfast in New Bethelhem before Ron's service. Hope to see you there.

Weavie
Isaiah 55:11
" so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Diane Pears.
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds