Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RA Rally weather report

RA Rally weather report 1 year 2 months ago #1912

• Ron
  • Senior Boarder
RA National Rally weather report. Saturday a rain threat moved in on the rally. Many 4-Winds members decided to go home dry. Others, myself include stayed. Rain did arrive. A light rain nothing torrential. None the less a soaking rain. Rain continued into Sunday morning. I departed 8am with a very light rain. The further west I rode it became dryer. My airhead loved the cool damp air. After going through Coudersport continuing on US 6 was Katie’s Restaurant. Rain was all but over. I and other BMW riders enjoyed breakfast. Continuing on US 6 to Kane. Changing to PA 66 Allegheny Forest, Marienville being aware of State Police. Just I would on PA 19 Summersville. Stopped at Sawmill Restaurant for a coffee after surviving the gauntlet. Clarion was a change to PA 68. After Buttercup campground was a ice-cream shop. Sun and heat was affecting me. Next change was Evans City to Franklin Road. Got behind an F-150. I doubt if Vincent Giannetti would be able to stay with this truck. The driver really knew the road. In my defense the road is mono and I do don’t know it. Arriving Cranberry switched to I79 to home. Seven hours, 233 miles. Not camping departing Sunday was not an issue. Dennis Mickanin and Ed Tatters did pack up wet. As I have done often. Fred Maskrey camped nice and dry inside a building. Sean Barrett departed the dorm after me so no issue. Attendance was 1,350, good for an RA Rally.

Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Ron.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds