Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RA National Rally Report

RA National Rally Report 1 year 2 months ago #1913

• Dennis Mickanin
  • Junior Boarder
Got back yesterday from Wellsboro,Pa. Talk about being in Gods country! I left Wednesday and spent the day winding thru some of the most Beautiful roads in Pa or possibly anywhere. Very few Cars and Trucks, and even less "Speed Monitors" (Lucky for Me). Arrived at the Rally around 5pm on Wednesday, and was surprised to see so many Rallyers, Lots of people came straight from the MOA National to Wellsboro! I was able to walk right up to Registration, No lines! Then off to find a good camping spot! Trolling around the Fair Grounds, I found some nice space behind a Building, near the Shower Trailers, and Bath House. We had room for Ed's Trailer, 4 large tents,(Jeff,Leo,Joe,and Holly) plus Ed's Easy up Canopy. We "borrowed" a picnic table and base camp was set! I was worried some of the almost 20 4Winds people would not be able to camp with us, but it all worked out. Lots of HOT water for showers, and clean toilets. The locals had some Rally food available on site, Breakfast ,Lunch, and Dinner, plus there was a Shuttle Bus running into Wellsboro, appox. 4 miles and out to Mansfield. About a dozen vendors! a Vintage Bike Display, Bands two nites! and a Beer Garden. ........ So Now about the ROADS! WOW! I spent Wednesday winding my way thru the Allegheny National Forest on Routes less traveled, Beautiful weather and Fabulous Roads! Thursday we greeted the other 4Winds Rallyers, helped setup, Worked Registration,and relaxed. Friday we Broke into Groups some went to the Curtuss Museum, Grand Canyon etc. My group went for a 150 mile ride thru some of the most beautiful and winding roads around! It was tough to choose between a sporting pace, and slowing to take it all in (sporting pace won)! Saturday was the day the rain came, cloudy in the morning, rain started in the afternoon, Jeff and his son were the first of our group to Bug-Out, then Joe and his son, then Leo along with Holly, many, many people left! Heavier rain started falling by time the awards were being announced, Many missed out not being present, But, I was there to win a set of TIRES! thank you Continental! Sunday, rain ended Ed and I closed up camp, Bee lined it home, made it back with NO RAIN .....I'm BEAT Had a GREAT TIME! ........Next Year Woodstock Va!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:RA National Rally Report 1 year 2 months ago #1914

• Jay
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Thanks for that update Dennis.
Good seeing you and the rest of the 4Winds crew.

Roberto and I got in Friday PM. Left Sunday around 9:30 AM in some drizzle and mist - were prepared to get wet eventually- but were surprised to make it home dry!

My first RA Rally - since practically in our backyard- looks like may have to do the VA location next year too.

Ken, Roberto and I at Colton point PA grand canyon via a dirt section which happens to be part of the MABDR.

RA National Rally Report 1 year 2 months ago #1917

• Ron
  • Senior Boarder
Sunday morning 7/22--I woke up @ 6:15 am. In the night, the electric went off, and I heard the rally meister standing in the next barn, telling every person not to use the bathroom because the electric went off in the night, so there's no water. He directed everyone to use the porta potties. I would think that it would be easier to post signs and lock the bathroom doors.
Not unusual for the RA Rally. Happen before, Vermont.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds