Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Finger Lakes 2019

Finger Lakes 2019 1 year 1 month ago #2337

• Dennis Mickanin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Got back last evening from Watkins Glen State Park. Ed and I left on Friday to ride up, a BEAUTIFUL Day for Riding! It had been almost 20 years since I last attended the Finger Lakes Rally, and boy have things changed! We used main roads to get there, most with 70mph speed limits,it used to take most of the day on secondary roads (more fun, but MUCH slower). The State Park was a lot less crowded! Attendance was sometimes well over a Thousand, years ago, A SEA of Green EUREKA Tents would fill the large field! This year I heard there was just over 400. Friday and Saturday were Beautiful, Sunday we woke to very light rain, but by 9am the sun was trying to come out and it started to look like it might clear. That being said: Ed, Myself, and a Couple from Fla. decided to head back to the Pittsburgh area around Noon. We made it back around Dinner time! .......NO RAIN!! I spoke to Joe, He and Bob left around dinner time and sorry to say they got NAILED with Rain! But home safe too! 4 Winds folks we knew were: ED, Holly, Joe, Leo, Bob, Dan, Maggie, Martha, Moe,Myself, plus MANY other familiar faces! (sorry if I forgot anyone) Sorry we missed Sunday night Dinner, and the entertainment. Still a Great location! Beautiful part of our country, many old friends! Lots of Wineries, Glen Curtiss Museum etc. Well worth the now quick ride!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds