Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Impromptu Wrench Session

Impromptu Wrench Session 4 years 2 months ago #1250

• V-MAN
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 XPLR
  • Thank you received: 14
The F800GSA needed a little attention so today was the day ...

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Impromptu Wrench Session 4 years 1 month ago #1251

• John Hetz
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Hey, that is a really nice mural on the wall behind you guys. Nice coffee mugs too. Mary want to know why Kim is doing all the work? Lets meet up and ride somewhere.

Impromptu Wrench Session 4 years 1 month ago #1252

• V-MAN
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 XPLR
John Hetz wrote:
Hey, that is a really nice mural on the wall behind you guys. Nice coffee mugs too. Mary want to know why Kim is doing all the work? Lets meet up and ride somewhere.

Hey John -

The poster behind the lift is a 50th Anniversary Yamaha wall poster. It was given to a limited number of dealers ... hard to get, glad I have a few friends around!! I had to make a promise to NEVER sell it. It's numbered and the numbering is associated with the dealer that received it. It's been hanging in my garage for ten years now ...

Pretty cool mugs huh? They were filled with unlimited coffee refills!! :) Tell Mary that Kimberley was/is in training ... she's almost certified or is it certifiable? :evil: For her to put up with me 31 years it must be certifiable!!

We have to get some riding time in before I head back down south. Maybe this week after we have breakfast we can find some back roads to get lost on??

Impromptu Wrench Session 4 years 1 month ago #1255

• John Hetz
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Don,
As you probably know Mary won a free Eagle Riders rental at the rally. It expires in at the end of September, so I figure we better use it soon. We were going to get a Can-am Spider for her to ride, but after reading some reviews about how much effort it takes to steer it, we decided against it. So we ended up reserving a K1600GT for this Saturday the 3rd. I found out they will put a rear top case on it for her so she feels a little more secure on the back of it. I know that's not going to turn it into a K1600KLT but they don't have one of those to rent.

If anybody is going to be around Saturday, let us know and maybe we can meet up and ride somewhere. As of right now we don't have a destination in mind. We're not sure how the comfort level will be for Mary on the back. As for the breakfast Sunday, we might have to miss the breakfast so we can return the rental. We should be able to meet up before you guy head out after the breakfast, so we can ride then too.
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by John Hetz.

Impromptu Wrench Session 4 years 1 month ago #1256

• V-MAN
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 XPLR
John Hetz wrote:
Don,
As you probably know Mary won a free Eagle Riders rental at the rally. It expires in at the end of September, so I figure we better use it soon. We were going to get a Can-am Spider for her to ride, but after reading some reviews about how much effort it takes to steer it, we decided against it. So we ended up reserving a K1600GT for this Saturday the 3rd. I found out they will put a rear top case on it for her so she feels a little more secure on the back of it. I know that's not going to turn it into a K1600KLT but they don't have one of those to rent.

If anybody is going to be around Saturday, let us know and maybe we can meet up and ride somewhere. As of right now we don't have a destination in mind. We're not sure how the comfort level will be for Mary on the back. As for the breakfast Sunday, we might have to miss the breakfast so we can return the rental. We should be able to meet up before you guy head out after the breakfast, so we can ride then too.

Hey John -
The ER rental is a very cool prize, two tears running now eh?! Congrats to you and Mary! The K1600GT is a very sweet ride, I miss mine on occasion although it was great to see Jeff enjoying the bike now. It will be good for you guys to try it out, I loved it ... fast and nimble. Kim did not like it (reason I traded out) due to it being fast and nimble PLUS too much wind on her (I ran with shield down always).

I wish I could commit to a ride on Saturday but we have plans already set and in play. Sunday after breakfast I want to burn some miles off the tires ... no destination in mind and completely open. I am hoping maybe a few guys with more knowledge of the local roads may take us for a tour ... if not then probably just wander aimlessly west or south to better roads.

Enjoy the 1600, be careful, 90 feels like 50! Remember the story I told you at the rally ... I got stopped three times in the first five days ... Be sure to run it in "road" mode, give you the most power to wheel.

Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by V-MAN. Reason: added pic

Impromptu Wrench Session 4 years 1 month ago #1258

• Ed syphan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
John, I'm on daylight this week, which means I will be at least semi- conscience on Sat. So let me know if the ride happens.
Ed
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds