Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Diagnostic Tool - GS-911

Diagnostic Tool - GS-911 4 years 3 weeks ago #821

• John Hetz
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Charles Hancock wrote:
Fast flashing ABS and Warning lights. Power assist goes out and only have residual breaking. System flushed by dealer 700 miles ago when new pads were put on. Installed new battery yesterday, no change. Any hints or "things to check" would be very much appreciated.

Charles,
I know this is a old post but it sounds like a I have the exact same problem on my 2006 K1200LT. I was just wondering what turned out to be the problem?
I went to the Vintage grand prix at Schenley Park last weekend and when I was leaving on the grass I got the brake failure flashing at 4hz and the triangle above it on steady. This made it very tricky to get back to the asphalt with only residual braking and no anti-locks. I did some research and decided to do some investigating. The front brake pads were getting low and the brake fluid was low as well. So I replaced the brake pads front and rear and did a complete brake fluid flush. I bleed the brake fluid from all 10 bleeders and I still have the same issue. If I only use the brakes moderately everything seems fine, no warning lights. But as soon as I apply just a little more front or back brake I get the brake failure flashing at 4hz and the triangle above it, on steady. Then sometimes I only have residual braking. I called European Motorcycles of Pgh. to make an appointment and then can't look at it for almost three weeks. So if anybody has a GS911 diagnostic tool, I would like to make some arrangements to see if there is any trouble shooting codes that might help me Diagnose the problem.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Diagnostic Tool - GS-911 4 years 3 days ago #853

• John Hetz
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Well, my worst fear has come true. European Motorcycles tells me the servo assist ABS unit on my bike is faulty and needs replaced. They quoted me $3000.00 to fix it!
I also looked into that place that rebuilds them.
modulemaster.com/rebuilds/shop/brakes/abs-modules/abs-fte-abs3/
Unfortunately the rebuild for my unit is "currently under development", without any availability date.
I don't know what I'm going to do.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds