Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: headlight upgrades

headlight upgrades 1 month 3 days ago #2569

• Samuel Stanley
  • Fresh Boarder
Being a western pa rider and having to contend with the occasional deer interaction( hope Ed is recovering well) I am searching to put a more modern light in the socket. I am hoping to achieve this without needing to change switch or any other electrical bits. This light from euromotoelectrics (H4 LED Headlight Bulb - BMW Airhead,F, G, K, Oilhead, Hexhead & Scooter; 63 12 1 354 619 / EnDuraLast ) SEEMS to meet those pre-requisites. I would appreciate any and all thoughts on this search to see better. Still wishing I could find a set of the factory side lights in fairing, but that seems to be a pipe dream. Thanks and ride safely. Hope to see some/all of you at the rally.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

headlight upgrades 4 weeks 2 days ago #2577

• G. Tom Vandenbosche
  • Fresh Boarder
Search for a TRUX Model# TLED-H47 LED headlight. I have one on order from Northern Tool, but they are delayed on shipping, because they are waiting for the item from the manufacturer. My mechanic says that I might get a warning that the headlight is out, because it won't draw as much current as the factory light.

headlight upgrades 4 weeks 2 days ago #2578

• Samuel Stanley
  • Fresh Boarder
appreciate the response. I saw that one...its quite a pricey replacement. I was more looking for a bulb to go into the existing housing. I have to think bulb for now, gotta save my pennies for an exhaust system, mines getting holey...lol.

headlight upgrades 4 weeks 2 days ago #2579

• Jason Dillow
  • Fresh Boarder
Not sure if they make them for your machine but... I put a set of LEDs from Cyclops in my 05 R12GS a few years ago and so far am pretty happy with them. Maybe they make an option for yours as well.

headlight upgrades 4 weeks 1 day ago #2581

• Frank Beatrous
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have no experience with LEDs in an airhead, but I did try an LED replacement for the H4 in a KLR a few years ago. It put out a lot of light, but the beam pattern was awful. I took i out. I had better luck with a pair of LED auxiliary lights. One shop gave me a hard time about them on a PA state inspection, but the guy who does my inspections now says they're fine.

Frank

headlight upgrades 4 weeks 1 day ago #2582

• Samuel Stanley
  • Fresh Boarder
Frank Beatrous wrote:
I have no experience with LEDs in an airhead, but I did try an LED replacement for the H4 in a KLR a few years ago. It put out a lot of light, but the beam pattern was awful. I took i out. I had better luck with a pair of LED auxiliary lights. One shop gave me a hard time about them on a PA state inspection, but the guy who does my inspections now says they're fine.

Frank
Hi Frank, I was at craig immels one day and saw a set of aux leds on a similar bike as mine. He wasn't aware of the brand or cost. Which ones did you go with and from where. I do understand they aren't cheap. They might be the most similar to the OE aux lights that were mounted in the fairing vents.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds