Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: May Meeting Ride

May Meeting Ride 2 months 2 weeks ago #1854

• Bruce Conaway
  • Fresh Boarder
The May 19 meeting is in Elizabeth. Would people like to do an "Orange Belt" ride? I live north, and Route 910 from Wexford is the Orange Belt. We could choose a starting point in Wexford (Like the Kings where we used to have breakfast next to 79, or European Motorcycles), and maybe 1 or 2 other places, perhaps near the Allegheny Valley Turnpike interchange, and somewhere east, and build the group as we go. It would be a little complicated to coordinate times and places, but I think it would be way more fun than the Turnpike. I need to be at the meeting at 11:00, so I am not sure if I could ride with the main group. Maybe a Board ride 1 hour earlier? I think I would plan on 2 hours from Wexford. If there is interest, we should put it on the calendar. Let me know if there is interest.
Bruce
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:May Meeting Ride 2 months 2 weeks ago #1855

• Jay
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
BC9596 wrote:
The May 19 meeting is in Elizabeth. Would people like to do an "Orange Belt" ride? I live north, and Route 910 from Wexford is the Orange Belt. We could choose a starting point in Wexford (Like the Kings where we used to have breakfast next to 79, or European Motorcycles), and maybe 1 or 2 other places, perhaps near the Allegheny Valley Turnpike interchange, and somewhere east, and build the group as we go. It would be a little complicated to coordinate times and places, but I think it would be way more fun than the Turnpike. I need to be at the meeting at 11:00, so I am not sure if I could ride with the main group. Maybe a Board ride 1 hour earlier? I think I would plan on 2 hours from Wexford. If there is interest, we should put it on the calendar. Let me know if there is interest.
Bruce

I’m not in town that weekend but sounds like a great idea Bruce.
Hope you have some takers!

May Meeting Ride 2 months 3 days ago #1859

• Simeon Simeonov
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, Bruce. Is the meeting / ride still on? Any info of when and where? Thank you!

Simeon

May Meeting Ride 2 months 3 days ago #1860

• john.4windsbmw@gmail.com
  • Junior Boarder
  • John
It looks like we will gather at the BMW of Pittsburgh SERVICE area where there is more room. We can pick other along the way. Timing is always the issue.
Weather looks good. We have several ride leaders/ followers depending on the number of riders.
I drove the route in the rain last Sunday. It's all good until you diverge from the Orange belt about 7 miles from Driscol's Restaurant. Those roads have some areas that are rough.
A 2 hour ride is expected.
Here is the suggested route starting a BMW of Pittsburgh.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by Diane Pears.

May Meeting Ride 2 months 3 days ago #1861

• Bruce Conaway
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, the ride is on for Saturday. There’s a group leaving from the service area of European Motorcycles at 9:00 AM. There may be another group at 10. I am leaving with the 9:00 group.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 days ago by Bruce Conaway.

May Meeting Ride 2 months 2 days ago #1862

• sean barrett
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
There wiil be no board meeting before the regular meeting. I sent out the agenda last weekend to the board member so we could discuss things electronically this week. We may get together for a few minutes after the meeting if people want to.
Bruce and John- do you want a second group to leave @ 9:30. that would help to break us up into smaller groups, yet still give us time to get there by noon for the meeting. I plan on being there by 9.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds