Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hurricane Mathew - Mother Nature

Hurricane Mathew - Mother Nature 3 years 1 week ago #1438

• V-MAN
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 XPLR
  • Thank you received: 14
Hetzel wrote:
That's pretty funny Don. We can almost see you clinging to the downspout, trying to get down from the roof. There was a Kodak moment if I ever heard of one. Glad to hear your ok.
You know, we don't believe for one minute that you don't have a alternative method of making coffee. No generator, gas grill, camping stove, yea right. I think we know you better than that. We have all of the above now. When we first bought our house we had to go 3 days without electric when a small F1 tornado came through. Which means no water either because we are on a well. I can still remember carrying buckets of water from the creek to make the toilet flush. Now we have a generator big enough to run the furnace and well pump. It usually comes in handy about once a year. We are glad to hear you survived with only minor damage. It could have been alot worse. Take care

Thanks John -

It really was a stupid move! I gathered the supplies I needed for repairs on Monday and yesterday got back on the roof again ... I didn't like it when it was dry and very light breeze, I'm not sure what I was thinking crawling up there during the storm!

You're right John I have two small generators back in Pennsylvania one small one and one large one. I've got lots of camping supplies back in Pennsylvania, at least a half a dozen ways to brew coffee in the back country! I won't make that mistake again! Next trip back down I will be hauling at least a small portable generator and some camping here. It is a small house down here but I will find a place!
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything
Last Edit: 3 years 1 week ago by V-MAN.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds