Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Guess who this guy is......?

Re:Guess who this guy is......? 8 months 1 week ago #1846

• Jay
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Lady Di wrote:
Cool -- Walt's 15 minutes, well, 5 seconds of fame. :)
Bet you didn't know this either . . . a namesake:

Didn’t know this story.
Walt gets around!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Guess who this guy is......? 8 months 1 week ago #1847

• Jay
  • Senior Boarder
Perfect place for this story from Adv Rider. I’m following this RR by some locals riding down south. Firefighter rider from Baltimore I think, riding on 79 in WV sees a fire and cuts across to come to the rescue
[URL] http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/southeast-adventure-trail-seat-and-the-mid-atlantic-backcountry-discovery-route-mabdr.1291870/page-3[/URL]
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Jay.

Guess who this guy is......? 8 months 5 days ago #1848

• Kevin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Mancation Rider #0001, 1998 K1200RS , 2000 R1100RT, 2015 GS ADV
  • Thank you received: 4
Jay - few years ago Syphoon is leading a small group over the AMA Museum. While riding through some small town I can't remember the name there was a grass fire and a local Fire Engine at work. We lost Walt as soon as we pulled up to the scene, He was off Traveler and helping with the hose assignments. He showed up at the museum a little while later smelling like smoke.
-Kev
Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seein some people out there having a good time on motorcycles, it makes me take another look. - Steve McQueen, 1970

Re:Guess who this guy is......? 8 months 4 days ago #1850

• Jay
  • Senior Boarder
Kevin wrote:
Jay - few years ago Syphoon is leading a small group over the AMA Museum. While riding through some small town I can't remember the name there was a grass fire and a local Fire Engine at work. We lost Walt as soon as we pulled up to the scene, He was off Traveler and helping with the hose assignments. He showed up at the museum a little while later smelling like smoke.

I was on that ride!

He also will take any opportunity to jump off his bike and begin directing traffic in the middle of an intersection!

Re:Guess who this guy is......? 7 months 3 weeks ago #1851

• Jay
  • Senior Boarder
Kevin wrote:

Guess who this guy is......? 5 months 2 weeks ago #1890

• Ralph L. Meyer
  • Gold Boarder
  • Love my GPS, but carry maps too! ATGATT
  • Thank you received: 12
Yep, That's Firefighter Cap'n Halaja all right--probably heading up Engine 13 as was his wont back in the day! One of our Pittsburgh Fire Department Heroes!
Riding 63 years and counting! ...Use a GPS--BUT... carry maps! 2 Laners rule unless ya gotta get somewhere fast, Then thank Gen'l/Prez Dwight D. Eisenhower for the Interstate system!!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds