Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sean President's column

Sean President's column 1 month 2 weeks ago #1866

• Ron
  • Junior Boarder
Having read Sean’s Presidents column and his trip to Del Rio, TN inspired me for this post. I happen to be 180 miles SW of Sean in Dunlap, TN. Having a son living in Chattanooga, TN entices me to attend the Chicken Rally. Formerly Rocket City Rally when in Huntsville, AL. last year my son camped with me. This year rode his BMW R1150GS over Saturday to visit with me. Pre-registration was $50. This includes a rally tee shirt, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a rubber chicken. Camping is at the Coke Over Museum grounds. Much like our Redbank site. Saturday morning was service for a club member who had died. Bruce Wheatley played Amazing Grace ending the ceremony with his portable bagpipe. Sadly Saturday afternoon while riding with a group of 5 blindly followed 2 others crossing a road. A truck hit him resulting in his demise. I’ve been guilty of following blindly. Remember to ride your own ride. The rally went on as does life. A group band of 6 played Bluegrass music into the night. Nice weather helped with rain coming while we slept. Attendance appeared to be 150 maybe at most 200.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds