Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sad news

Sad news 3 months 3 weeks ago #1945

• Ronald j Latkovic
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
My very good friend and fellow Four Winds member, Raymond Branting has passed away. Everyone who has known Raymond would agree he was a class act and I will miss him dearly. We road to many rally's together and introduced me to the club. ReddyK
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sad news 3 months 3 weeks ago #1946

• Kevin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Mancation Rider #0001, 1998 K1200RS , 2000 R1100RT, 2015 GS ADV
  • Thank you received: 4
That is very sad to hear.
-Kev
Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seein some people out there having a good time on motorcycles, it makes me take another look. - Steve McQueen, 1970

Sad news 3 months 3 weeks ago #1948

• John Hetz
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Reyman's Obituary

Reyman R. Branting, born in Omaha, Nebraska, passed away on August 20. Bauxite, Arkansas was his boyhood home. He graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, in Troy New York, with a degree in Civil Engineering. He was the beloved husband, for 62 years, of the late Despina Eugene.

At RPI, Reyman and a few friends founded the Kappa Tau fraternity (now Pi Lambda Phi). Upon graduation, he served in the US Army Corps of Engineers during the Korean War.

Reyman worked as professional engineer for over 25 years with Alcoa, Graver, and PBI and then became a Certified Financial Planner and Broker with AG Edwards. He was very active in the Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers. He served as its president, founded and led the Pittsburgh’s Engineer Apprenticeship program for high school students, worked effortlessly with the Math Counts competition, and won the PSPE service award three times.

Reyman enjoyed owning and working on 1950’s cars, participating in the kit car club with his self-built Bernardi, and riding his motorcycle.

He was an active member of the McKnight United Methodist church for over 50 years. Reyman served on the Finance Committee and was a frequent Greeter.

Reyman loved to travel the world with his cherished wife, Despina. They especially liked to visit the Southwestern USA and take European River Cruises.

He is survived by sisters Virginia Branting and Dorothy Buffum, daughters Katrina Branting (Joe) and Krisoula Faller (David), granddaughter Alexis Faller, and grandsons Matthew Faller and Joseph Martina. He was proceeded in death by brother, Leland Branting, and parents, Luther and Louise Branting.

Visitation Saturday, August 25, 3:00-5:00PM at Schellhaas Funeral Home, 388 Center Ave, West View, and a 6:00PM memorial service at McKnight United Methodist Church, 600 Fox Drive.

www.schellhaasfh.com/obituary/reyman-branting
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds