Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Forum 05 MAINWhat’s happening . . . ?
Join our Four Winds community for the latest news and views, see who’s here, what’s going on and ask for advice.
One of our members conducts an impromptu tech session at Top O’ the Rockies rally.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Who's the guy....???

Who's the guy....??? 1 month 4 days ago #1974

• Holly Marcheck
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, Hoping someone can help me find the guy who used to come to our rally and gave us certificates for his LED lights. I have his light kit on the GS and as some of you have told me...my light is blinking all the time. I want to fix it and am getting run around from the dealer so I want to find this guy, if possible, and find out how to remove his lights so I can go back to stock.

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Who's the guy....??? 1 month 3 days ago #1976

• Frank Beatrous
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, Holly.

Can't help you find the guy, but it's probably pretty easy to go back to stock. A few years ago I put an LED in my KLR headlight, and it was a simple as replacing the H4 bulb with the LED unit and plugging the LED pigtail into the Hr4 socket in the stock wiring harness.

FWIW, the LED put out a lot of light, but the beam pattern was lousy, and it failed after a few weeks of use. The guy who sold it to me sent a replacement, which is still sitting on a shelf in my garage.

Frank
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds